This quick and easy summer salad recipe combines sweet, juicy watermelon, feta cheese, fresh mint and a splash of balsamic vinegar to make a refreshing side dish with a unique blend of flavors.
Its unique, contrasting flavors make it the perfect choice to serve alongside classic summer fare like grilled like chicken, pork and salmon.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh mint, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the watermelon, onion, 1/2 cup of the feta cheese and 2 tablespoons of the mint in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar, toss gently and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salad to a serving dish and scatter the remaining cheese and mint on top.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 336mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Protein: 5g