This quick and easy summer salad recipe combines sweet, juicy watermelon, feta cheese, fresh mint and a splash of balsamic vinegar to make a refreshing side dish with a unique blend of flavors.
Its unique, contrasting flavors make it the perfect choice to serve alongside classic summer fare like grilled like chicken, pork and salmon.
Watermelon and Feta Salad
Chunks of juicy watermelon, fresh mint, sweet onion and crumbled feta cheese combine to create a refreshing, summer salad with a unique blend of contrasting flavors.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh mint, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the watermelon, onion, 1/2 cup of the feta cheese and 2 tablespoons of the mint in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar, toss gently and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salad to a serving dish and scatter the remaining cheese and mint on top.
- Serve immediately.