This simple combination of fresh summer corn and sweet tomatoes needs nothing more that a little salt and pepper and a handful of fresh chives to make an easy side dish that goes great with classic summer fare like burgers, grilled steak and barbecue chicken.Print
Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
This fresh, easy side dish salad is a simple combination of sweet corn, grape or cherry tomatoes and chopped chives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 pint grape (or cherry) tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Place the corn on a steaming rack over 1/2-inch of boiling water. Cover and steam until crisp tender, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- While the corn cooks, place the tomatoes in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove the corn from the pan and set aside to cool. Once the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob and transfer them to a serving bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then, using a slotted spoon, add the tomatoes to the corn and discard the remaining liquid. Stir in the chives and serve.