MyGourmetConnection® (a publication of Zest for Life Media, Inc.) is committed to maintaining the highest standards of privacy for our users. The policy below provides a clear outline of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in accordance with our website.
Types of Information We Collect:
While visiting the site you could provide us with two different types of information:
- Personal information (e.g. email address, name) you choose to disclose when commenting, contacting us or subscribing to our email newsletter.
- Anonymous website usage information we collect as you browse our website.
How Your Personal Information Is Used:
- Your personal information (e.g. email address, name) may be used to verify your identity for commenting, to follow up on correspondence initiated by you, or to provide you with email subscription updates as requested by you.
- The anonymous information we collect as you browse our website is statistical in nature and not identified or associated with you as an individual in any way.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential and will never be sold or shared with any individual or other organization, including those who advertise with us, except as required by law.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow them in your settings). Cookies enable the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Use of IP (Internet Protocol) Addresses:
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals:
We honor all Do Not Track (DNT) signal and never track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
We use third-party advertising companies to display the ads you see on MyGourmetConnection®. These companies may use your anonymous browsing information to more accurately provide advertisements that may be of interest to you.
To understand more about this process, including your opt-out options, please visit the Network Advertising Institute: Understanding Online Advertising.
Third Party Disclosure:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We may, however, include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA):
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA):
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by contacting us.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions initiated by you.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
MyGourmetConnection® maintains continual, reasonable security measures in order to prevent the loss, theft, misuse or alteration of the personal information we've obtained from you. However, we make no guarantee to you or to any third party regarding our ability to prevent any such loss, theft, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Notice of Modification and Changes:
Zest for Life Media, Inc.
1020 Willow Branch Drive
Orlando, FL 32828-7465