Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Topped with creamy basil vinaigrette, this spinach and strawberry salad is a perfect choice for a healthy lunch or a first course for a company dinner.
As pretty to look at as it is delicious, our spinach and strawberry salad is composed of fresh baby spinach, sliced strawberries, toasted almonds, and crumbled goat cheese.
The light, creamy dressing is made with fresh basil, white balsamic vinegar and a touch of cream, ingredients that complement the sweetness of the strawberries and grassiness of the goat cheese perfectly.
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
For the Creamy Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (preferably white)
- 1 tablespoon cream or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, cream, mustard, salt and garlic together in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in the basil and set aside.
- Divide the spinach and sliced strawberries between 4 salad plates.
- Top each plate with toasted almonds and a portion of goat cheese.
- Drizzle the salads with dressing and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 495mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Protein: 15g