Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Our spinach and strawberry salad with basil vinaigrette can make a healthy, light lunch or beautiful first course when entertaining.
As pretty to look at as it is delicious, our spinach and strawberry salad is composed of fresh baby spinach, sliced strawberries, toasted almonds, and crumbled goat cheese.
The light, creamy dressing is made with fresh basil, white balsamic vinegar and a touch of cream, ingredients that complement the sweetness of the strawberries and grassiness of the goat cheese perfectly.
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
For the Creamy Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (preferably white)
- 1 tablespoon cream or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, cream, mustard, salt and garlic together in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in the basil and set aside.
- Divide the spinach and sliced strawberries between 4 salad plates.
- Top each plate with toasted almonds and a portion of goat cheese.
- Drizzle the salads with dressing and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.