As pretty to look at as it is delicious, our spinach and strawberry salad is an excellent choice for a healthy, flavor-filled lunch or a light starter for a spring dinner party.
The salad is composed of fresh baby spinach, sliced strawberries, toasted almonds and crumbled goat cheese and dressed with a creamy basil vinaigrette.
The sweet strawberries, grassy goat cheese, crunchy almonds and fragrant basil deliver a unique combination of flavors and textures that really go well with spinach.Print
Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Topped with a creamy basil vinaigrette dressing, this spinach and strawberry salad makes a perfect choice for a healthy lunch or a beautiful first course for a casual company dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Salads
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
For the Creamy Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (preferably white)
- 1 tablespoon cream or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, cream, mustard, salt and garlic together in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in the basil and set aside.
- Divide the spinach and sliced strawberries between 4 salad plates.
- Top each plate with toasted almonds and a portion of goat cheese.
- Drizzle the salads with dressing and serve immediately.