Ready in a matter of minutes, this simple shrimp sauté gets it bold flavor from a buttery combination of Old Bay Seasoning (a classic, seafood-friendly spice blend), lemon juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire and a bit of fresh thyme. It’s delicious served over white rice flavored with a little sautéed onion and crumbled bacon. Add a salad or green vegetable for a well-rounded, easy dinner.Print
Old Bay Shrimp Sauté
Served over rice, this quick and easy shrimp sauté gets its delicious flavor from a combination of Old Bay Seasoning, lemon, Tabasco, Worcestershire and fresh thyme.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 1–1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled (tails on) and deveined
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1–1/2 lemons)
- 4 to 5 dashes of Tabasco
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the lemon juice, Tabasco and Worcestershire in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat until foamy. Add the shrimp, sprinkle with the Old Bay Seasoning and sauté until pink and opaque, about 3 minutes total. Add the lemon juice mixture, thyme leaves and the remaining tablespoon of butter and toss until the shrimp are well coated. Season with freshly ground black pepper, remove from the heat.
- To serve, plate individual servings of White Rice with Bacon (see below), brown rice or plain steamed white rice, top with a portion of shrimp and spoon some of the pan juices over the top.
White Rice with Bacon:
- Cook 4 servings of long grain white rice according to package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, cut 3 slices of thick-cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Fry until crisp, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add to the rice along with the bacon. Combine well and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.