Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Whether you serve them for breakfast or pack them for an on-the-go snack, these light, moist pumpkin spice muffins are a delicious fall treat.
Come fall, when pumpkin spice everything is all the rage, this quick, easy muffin recipe is our favorite go-to.
Made with unsweetened pumpkin puree and flavored with the perfect amount of fragrant spice, these muffins are light, moist, and can be baked in either standard or mini-sized muffin tins.
To give these muffins their flavor, we use pumpkin pie spice, a delicious blend of baking spices that includes cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
You can buy this spice blend ready-made, or do what we do and mix up a small batch of your own so its fragrant flavor stays fresh and pungent.
How to make pumpkin pie spice
- 4 parts ground cinnamon
- 2 parts ground allspice
- 1 part ground ginger
- 1 part ground nutmeg
- 1/2 part ground cloves
Combine and store in a tightly sealed jar for up to three months.
More fall baking recipes:
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Rum-Spiced Apple Pudding Cake
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Scones
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts (from Sally’s Baking Addiction)
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (see notes)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coarse decorating sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the muffin tins by coating each cup with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until lightly beaten.
- Add the milk, oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk until smooth and well blended, then stir in the pumpkin purée and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and top with coarse decorating sugar if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes.
You can also make mini muffins with this recipe. Just be sure to reduce the baking time to 10 to 12 minutes.
To make 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, combine:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 5.7gSaturated Fat: 4.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: .3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 29.7gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 13.8gProtein: 3.3g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.