This quick, easy recipe makes light, tender pumpkin muffins with just the right amount of spice. It works for both regular and mini-sized muffins, either of which are perfect for breakfast or a mid-morning snack.Print
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
This pumpkin spice muffin recipe is quick, easy and makes a light, moist muffin that’s great for a quick breakfast or mid-morning snack.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Baking
- 1–3/4 cups flour (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or use our spice mix below)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coarse decorating sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the muffin tins by coating each cup with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpin pie spice together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until lightly beaten. Add the milk, oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whisk until smooth and well blended, then stir in the pumpkin purée and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and top with coarse decorating sugar if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean (10 to 12 minutes for mini muffins, 14 to 16 minutes for standard size).
Makes 12 regular-sized or 24 mini muffins
To make your own pumpkin pie spice combine the following:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves.