Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Made with buttermilk, fresh lemon juice, and zest, these lemon poppy seed muffins have a light texture and tangy lemon flavor.
The classic tangy flavor combination of lemon and poppy seeds gets a nice boost from freshly squeezed lemon juice, grated zest, and buttermilk.
Moist, light and not too sweet, they taste great served warm and spread with a bit of butter and a dab of store-bought lemon curd.
More recipes for lemon lovers:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a standard-sized muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, vegetable oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon and vanilla extracts.
- Stir into the dry ingredients, add the poppy seeds and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins from pan to a cooling rack immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.