Made with store-bought naan, this easy recipe for shrimp flatbreads is a scrumptious combination of balsamic-glazed onions and garlic, tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese and tender, prosciutto wrapped shrimp.Print
Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp Flatbread
This easy shrimp flatbread recipe is made with naan topped with prosciutto wrapped shrimp, balsamic onions, tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 3/4 lb (16 to 20) shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced lengthwise into 3/4-inch strips
- 1–1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 to 4 Roma (plum) or Campari tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup chiffonade of fresh basil (loosely packed)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and arrange the flatbreads on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the onion. Sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes, then add the garlic and continue cooking 1 minute longer.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the onions are well coated and the liquid evaporates, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and put it back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 the shrimp and sauté just until seared on the outside, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to a plate, repeat with the remaining shrimp then set them aside to cool.
- Divide the onion mixture between the 4 flatbreads and top with half of the shredded cheese. Arrange the tomato slices and basil on top and set aside.
- Once the shrimp are cool enough to handle, wrap a strip of prosciutto around each one and divide them amongst the flatbreads and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the flatbreads are crisp and the cheese is bubbly, 8 to 12 minutes.