This one-dish pasta dinner is made with sautéed shrimp, zucchini, red bell pepper and linguine tossed with a light and lemony sauce that's reminiscent of a vinaigrette. The dish is quick and simple to make and served with a green salad it makes a light but satisfying weeknight meal.Print
Linguine With Shrimp, Zucchini And Red Pepper
Shrimp, zucchini, and red bell pepper tossed with linguine and dressed with a light lemony sauce is an easy but satisfying one-dish dinner.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Make the sauce first by whisking the olive oil, chicken broth, lemon juice, sugar and Dijon-style mustard together in a medium-sized mixing bowl until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the linguine.
- Heat the butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and crushed red pepper flakes and cook until the shrimp turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Using tongs, add the shrimp to the vinaigrette sauce, toss and cover to keep warm.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the red bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and continue cooking until the zucchini is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the shrimp and vegetable mixtures, toss to combine and adjust the seasonings to taste. Serve immediately.