This Thai-inspired recipe layers bite-sized pieces of sautéed chicken, shredded carrots, green onions, cilantro, mozzarella cheese and an easy peanut sauce on top of store-bought naan flatbreads to make a satisfying, quick-to-fix dinner.Print
Thai Chicken Flatbread
A flavorful, Thai-style flatbread made with bite-sized pieces of tender chicken, peanut sauce, carrots, scallions, fresh cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Asian
- 4 small, store-bought naan flatbreads
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable (or coconut) oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1–1/2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup coarsely shredded carrot (1 to 2 medium)
- 3 to 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro (leaves only), roughly chopped
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (see notes)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the naan on a baking sheet and pre-bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the naan bakes, heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Drain the excess fat and juices and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, soy sauce and sriracha in a small bowl. Add water in 1 tablespoon increments until the mixture reaches the consistency of thick syrup and set aside.
- Distribute about 1/2 cup of the cheese between the 4 flatbreads, then top each with a portion of chicken. Top with shredded carrot, scallions and cilantro, then drizzle with the peanut sauce. Finish by topping with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.