Cranberry Orange Bars
Packed with tart cranberries and crunchy almonds, these easy Cranberry Orange Bars are the perfect light dessert to serve after a holiday meal.
These buttery, cake-like, cookie bars have a delicious, fresh orange flavor that tastes great in combination with the cranberries and almonds.
Made with fresh-squeezed orange juice and zest, our Cranberry Orange Bars are super easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Serve them for dessert paired with a cup of espresso or dark-roasted coffee spiked with a splash of orange liqueur.
Tips for baking with dried cranberries
Dried cranberries (and other dried fruits) can quickly lose their plump, tender texture once the packaging has been opened. Fortunately, it's easy enough to plump them up again.
- Measure out the quantity of dried cranberries you need for your recipe and place them in a small bowl.
- Cover them with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and spread the cranberries on several thicknesses of paper towel to remove all traces of moisture before using.
More cranberry recipes
- Cranberry Cookies
- Spiced Pumpkin-Cranberry Cookies
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies (from Sally's Baking Addiction)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously butter an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, orange juice, and melted butter together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Stir in the cranberries, orange zest, and almonds.
- Add the egg and butter mixture and combine just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely before cutting into 2-inch square bars.
- Store up to 2 days, covered, at room temperature, or refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g