These easy-to-make blondies are rich and buttery and have a fresh orange flavor that complements the tartness of the dried cranberries perfectly. Serve them for dessert paired with a cup of espresso or coffee spiked with a splash of orange liqueur.Print
Cranberry Orange Bars
Easy-to-make, buttery blondies flavored with orange juice, orange zest, dried cranberries and slivered almonds.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 32 bars 1x
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh-squeezed if possible)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously butter an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, orange juice and melted butter in a small bowl and set aside.
- Measure the sifted flour, then add the baking powder, salt and sugar. Sift together a second time, then mix in the orange zest, almonds and dried cranberries. Stir in the egg mixture and combine well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely before cutting into 1 x 2-inch bars.
- Store up to 2 days, covered, at room temperature, or refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.