Spiced Pumpkin-Cranberry Cookies
Flavored with orange zest and fragrant spices, these spiced pumpkin-cranberry cookies are a favorite throughout the fall and holiday season.
These cake-like drop cookies are a cinch to prepare and their rich flavor makes them a favorite of adults and kids alike.
Spiced Pumpkin-Cranberry Cookies are made with orange zest, dried cranberries, and blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
Those fragrant spices blend beautifully with the mellow flavor of pumpkin to make a tender, moist cookie that is one of the best to have on hand for Thanksgiving and Christmas entertaining.
FEATURED IN: Christmas Cookies
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add the egg, pumpkin, orange juice orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat until combined. Mix in the dried cranberries.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Although we prefer these cookies plain, you can brush on a powdered sugar glaze after they've cooled.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest in a medium bowl until smooth and lightly brush over the tops of the cookies.
Tip: Try using whole spices and grind them just before adding to the dough for more intense, aromatic flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: .5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: .5g Sugar: 8g Protein: 1g