Over the years, biscotti has become a favorite treat among our holiday cookies. These twice-baked cookies are great with a hot cup of coffee, and they make fantastic gifts because they keep longer than your average cookie. This biscotti recipe in particular is great for the holiday season because of the festive red and green cranberries and pistachios.Print
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti are festive twice-baked cookies that are delicious with coffee or all on their own.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pistachios, dry-roasted and shelled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon water for egg wash
- Soak cranberries in boiling hot water to cover in a small bowl until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels. Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a large baking sheet, knocking off excess flour.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer at moderate speed until combined well. Add eggs and vanilla and beat just until a dough forms. Add cranberries and nuts and mix at low speed.
- Turn out dough onto a well floured surface and knead several times. Halve dough, then form each half into a 13″ x 2″ slightly flattened log on baking sheet, using floured hands and spacing logs about 3″ apart. Brush logs with egg wash.
- Bake in middle of oven until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool logs on baking sheet on a rack 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut diagonally into 1/2″ thick slices with a serrated knife. Arrange slices, a cut side down, in a single layer on baking sheet. It is ok if they touch. Bake in middle of oven turning once until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes total.