These cranberry cookies are sweet, tart, nutty, and best of all, easy to make. They have a subtle orange flavor that complements the tangy cranberries nicely, but if you like the combination of orange and cranberry as much as we do, replace the vanilla extract with orange extract and add the zest of one orange.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 ounces dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Stir in milk, orange juice, vanilla, and egg. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2" apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 15 minutes.