Truffled Fettuccine with Mushrooms
Full of rich, earthy flavors, truffle oil and mushrooms are the key ingredients that turn this simple pasta dish into a sophisticated dinner.
Made with fresh mushrooms, shallots, garlic and a handful of scallions, the dish has a rich, earthy flavor that makes a truly satisfying meatless meal.
Finish it off with a green salad tossed with a classic vinaigrette and a glass of your favorite Pinot Noir.
More Fettuccine Recipes:
- Fettuccine w/ Smoked Salmon and Dill
- Spinach Fettuccine with Fresh Tomatoes and Garlic
- Fettuccine with Pancetta, Roasted Tomatoes and Shrimp
- 6 ounces fettuccine (preferably fresh)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 8 ounces large white button mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons light cream (or half-and-half), divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white or black truffle oil (or more to taste)
- Truffle salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until slightly softened, 1 minute, then add the garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, 1 minute longer.
- Add the mushrooms and toss to coat with the oil, garlic and shallots. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft and barely browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with truffle salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the cream along with the scallions and combine gently. Reduce the heat to low to keep warm.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions, then drizzle the pasta with the truffle oil and remaining tablespoon of cream.
- Add the mushroom mixture and toss gently. Taste and adjust the truffle salt, pepper and truffle oil to taste.
- To serve, plate a portion of the pasta and garnish with chopped parsley.
Our Favorite Truffle Products
Here are a few of our favorite truffle products, including truffle honey and sliced truffles, neither of which are in this recipe. Truffle honey is wonderful drizzled over artisanal cheeses and the truffle slices are great making your own truffle butter!
Although these products may seem a bit pricey, a little goes a very long way. Both the truffle oil and salt are for "finishing" a dish and they only require small amounts to produce an abundance of wonderful flavor.
Disclosure: Should you decide to purchase one of the items featured here, MyGourmetConnection will receive a small commission for providing you with the recommendation. While it costs you nothing additional, it helps to support the site and allows us to continue providing you with new recipes and other content free of charge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.