Made with fresh mushrooms, shallots, garlic and a handful of scallions, the dish has a rich, earthy flavor that makes a truly satisfying meatless meal.
Finish it off with a green salad tossed with a classic vinaigrette and a glass of your favorite Pinot Noir.
More Fettuccine Recipes:
- Spinach Fettuccine with Fresh Tomatoes and Garlic
- Fettuccine with Pancetta, Roasted Tomatoes and Shrimp
Truffled Fettuccine with Mushrooms
- 6 ounces fettuccine, preferably fresh
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 8 ounces large white button mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons light cream, or half-and-half, divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white or black truffle oil, or more to taste
- Truffle salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until slightly softened, 1 minute, then add the garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, 1 minute longer.
- Add the mushrooms and toss to coat with the oil, garlic and shallots. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft and barely browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with truffle salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the cream along with the scallions and combine gently. Reduce the heat to low to keep warm.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions, then drizzle the pasta with the truffle oil and remaining tablespoon of cream.
- Add the mushroom mixture and toss gently. Taste and adjust the truffle salt, pepper and truffle oil to taste.
- To serve, plate a portion of the pasta and garnish with chopped parsley.