Barbecue Chicken Meatloaf
Made with ground chicken and homemade barbecue sauce ingredients, this meatloaf is a light, tasty change from traditional recipes.
To make this barbecue-flavored version of a traditional meatloaf recipe we taken all the ingredients in our favorite, homemade barbecue sauce and mixed them right in with the meat.
We chose to use ground chicken as a lighter alternative to the more classic combination of ground beef and pork and it really takes on the barbecue flavors well.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, and smoked paprika in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper and combine thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture onto the prepared pan and form it into a uniform loaf. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Make the topping by combining the ketchup, Worcestershire, and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the topping evenly over the top.
- Continue baking the meatloaf for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°F.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
This meatloaf can easily be made with ground beef, pork or turkey as well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.