Sautéed spinach is one of our favorite quick-to-fix vegetables and we developed this simple variation that includes sesame oil, sliced scallions and a sprinkling of sesame seeds to complement some of our Asian-inspired main dishes.Print
Asian-Style Sautéed Spinach
This easy sautéed spinach side dish takes just minutes to prepare and is a nice complement for Asian-style entrees.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame and vegetable oils over medium-high heat in a large wok or nonstick pan.
- Start adding the spinach a handful at a time, tossing with tongs until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the green onions and sesame seeds. Toss to combine and serve immediately.