Asian Style Sautéed Spinach
This easy sautéed spinach side dish takes just minutes to prepare and is a nice complement for simple Asian-style entrées.
Sautéed spinach is one of our favorite quick-to-fix vegetables, and we developed this simple variation that includes sesame oil, sliced scallions, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds to pair with simple entrées like grilled steak and pan-seared salmon.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame and vegetable oils over medium-high heat in a large wok or nonstick pan.
- Start adding the spinach a handful at a time, tossing with tongs until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the green onions and sesame seeds. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.