This flavorful, hot appetizer dip is easy to prepare and can easily be made a day in advance and baked just before serving. A simple combination of puréed cauliflower, blue cheese, cream cheese and mayo, it’s terrific spread on either crackers or slices of toasted baguette.Print
Cauliflower and Blue Cheese Dip
Serve this easy-to-prepare, hot appetizer dip made with puréed cauliflower, blue cheese, cream cheese and mayo with crackers or slices of toasted baguette.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 12 servings
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 2-1/2 lbs fresh or two 16-ounce bags frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
- Place the water and salt in a large pot fitted with a steamer rack. Bring to a boil, add the cauliflower florets, cover and steam until they are very tender when pierced with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously butter a medium-sized oven-proof baking dish.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and add the blue cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mash together roughly with a fork, then purée with a hand-held blender until the mixture reaches the desired consistency (we like to leave it a little chunky). You can also use a food processor or conventional blender if you prefer.
- Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder, then transfer to the prepared baking dish (dish can be made ahead to this point).
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with crackers or thin slices of toasted baguette.