Cauliflower & Blue Cheese Dip
A perfect choice for easy entertaining, this hot cauliflower and blue cheese dip can be made ahead and popped in the oven just before your guests arrive.
This flavorful, hot appetizer dip is a simple combination of puréed cauliflower, blue cheese, cream cheese, and mayo. It’s terrific spread on either crackers or slices of toasted baguette and makes a memorable alternative to potato chips and dip.
We love to serve this appetizer dip to company because it’s easy to prepare, serves twelve, and can easily be made a day in advance and baked just before serving. In the unlikely event, you have leftovers, it reheats well too!
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 2-1/2 lbs fresh or two 16-ounce bags frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
- Place the water and salt in a large pot fitted with a steamer rack. Bring to a boil, add the cauliflower florets, cover and steam until they are very tender when pierced with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously butter a medium-sized oven-proof baking dish.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and add the blue cheese, cream cheese, and mayonnaise.
- Mash together roughly with a fork, then purée with a hand-held blender until the mixture reaches the desired consistency (we like to leave it a little chunky). You can also use a food processor or conventional blender if you prefer.
- Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder, then transfer to the prepared baking dish (dish can be made ahead to this point).
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with crackers or thin slices of toasted baguette.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.