Warm Crab Dip
This elegant appetizer dip is a deliciously simple combination of lump crab meat, cream cheese, sour cream, shallots, and red bell pepper.
This simple recipe combines lump crab meat, cream cheese, sour cream, red bell pepper and shallot to make a rich, creamy dip to serve with crackers or toasted slices of baguette.
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1/2 medium shallot, very finely chopped
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Butter the inside of a small, ovenproof casserole. Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, shallots and red bell pepper in a mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Combine until smooth, then gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Transfer the mixture the prepared casserole and bake, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or lightly toasted slices of baguette.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.