Warm Crab Dip
This simple recipe combines lump crab meat, cream cheese, sour cream, red bell pepper and shallot to make a rich, creamy dip to serve with crackers or toasted slices of baguette.
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1/2 medium shallot, very finely chopped
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Butter the inside of a small, ovenproof casserole. Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, shallots and red bell pepper in a mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Combine until smooth, then gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Transfer the mixture the prepared casserole and bake, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or lightly toasted slices of baguette.