Garlic-Herb Crusted Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast
This tender, juicy boneless pork roast is coated in a delicious rub made with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs, and orange zest.
We love to make pork roast for a company meal because it adapts beautifully to a wide variety of seasonings and sauces, and it always yields great results.
About the meat
Also referred to as a boneless, center-cut pork loin roast, this tender cut of pork comes from the loin, which is the area between the shoulder and back legs.
Boneless pork sirloin roasts cook fairly quickly, are easy to carve, and when done to the proper internal temperature, turn out tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
This cut generally weighs between 2-1/2 and 3 pounds, enough for about six servings. It’s a great choice for smaller gatherings, or if you’re short on time or oven space. You can also feed a larger group by cooking two of these roasts side by side.
About the garlic and herb rub
Our Italian-inspired garlic and herb rub is made by combining extra virgin olive oil with:
- Pressed garlic
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Orange zest
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh sage
What to serve with a pork roast
We’ve paired this flavorful entrée with make-ahead accompaniments like stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer, baked pasta and green bean casserole side dishes, and biscotti for dessert.
- Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- Parmesan Pasta with Cabbage and Thyme
- Green Beans and Tomatoes Oreganata
- Orange Rosemary Biscotti
- 2-1/2 to 3-pound boneless pork roast (pork sirloin)
For the rub:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- Bring the roast to room temperature by removing it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Make the rub by combining the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, sage, rosemary, thyme, and orange zest in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using your hands, coat the roast completely with the prepared rub.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan and pour 1/2-inch of water into the bottom of the pan.
- Roast the pork until a thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 145°F, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil, and allow the roast to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Slice and serve on a platter garnished with sprigs of fresh herbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 43g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.