This easy, flavor-rich salad is made with shrimp, avocado, spinach, lettuce and tomato, topped with a creamy buttermilk and fresh tarragon dressing – ideal for a light summer dinner.Print
Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
A flavorful dinner salad of baby spinach and butter lettuce topped with shrimp, avocado, tomato, cucumber and a creamy, fresh tarragon dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 5 ounces butter lettuce
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into rounds
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the lemon juice and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper, toss to coat and set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, buttermilk, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and tarragon in the work bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach and butter lettuce together, then divide between 4 serving plates. Top with tomato wedges, avocado and cucumber slices and shrimp. Drizzle with dressing and serve.