This fast and easy shrimp and avocado salad features jumbo shrimp and ripe avocado atop a classic combination of lettuce, baby spinach, grape tomatoes and sliced cucumber.
Drizzled with a creamy dressing made with buttermilk and fresh tarragon it's an ideal choice for lunch or a light dinner.Print
Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
This flavorful shrimp and avocado salad pairs your favorite greens with jumbo shrimp, sliced avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumber and a creamy dressing made with buttermilk and fresh tarragon.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb cooked jumbo shrimp (21 to 30/lb) , tails left on
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces various salad greens (butter lettuce, baby spinach, romaine)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into rounds
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice and a little olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper, toss to coat and set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, buttermilk, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and tarragon together in a small bowl until creamy and well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss the various greens together with the grape tomatoes.
- Divide the greens between 4 serving plates and top with cucumber slices, avocado and shrimp. Drizzle with dressing and serve.