This fast and easy shrimp and avocado salad features jumbo shrimp and ripe avocado atop a classic combination of lettuce, baby spinach, grape tomatoes and sliced cucumber.
Drizzled with a creamy dressing made with buttermilk and fresh tarragon it’s an ideal choice for lunch or a light dinner.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
This flavorful shrimp and avocado salad pairs your favorite greens with jumbo shrimp, sliced avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumber and a creamy dressing made with buttermilk and fresh tarragon.
- 1 lb cooked jumbo shrimp, 21 to 30/lb , tails left on
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces various salad greens, butter lettuce, baby spinach, romaine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into rounds
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice and a little olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper, toss to coat and set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, buttermilk, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and tarragon together in a small bowl until creamy and well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss the various greens together with the grape tomatoes.
- Divide the greens between 4 serving plates and top with cucumber slices, avocado and shrimp. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?Did you add your own special touch? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a rating to share your thoughts with others.
Leave a Reply