Ready in just under 45 minutes, this light and easy one-dish dinner combines tender, white meat of chicken, fresh asparagus and whole wheat thin spaghetti with Asian-inspired ingredients like ginger, garlic, scallions and sesame to create a perfect blend of flavors and texture.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Asparagus
Chicken tenders, fresh asparagus and whole wheat spaghetti combine with fresh, Asian-style ingredients like scallions, ginger, sesame and garlic to make a light and easy, one-dish dinner.
- 10 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, preferably thin
- 5 to 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or Chinese black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha, more or less to taste
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the noodles.
- Cut the chicken tenderloins in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer to a small bowl and add the sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Toss to combine and set aside for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Trim the tough bottoms from the asparagus spears, then cut off the tips and set aside. Cut the stalks into 1-1/4-inch pieces and set aside separately from the tips.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sriracha in a measuring cup. Stir to dissolve the sugar, then set aside.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions, then add the sauce and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 1 minute, then add the asparagus stalks. Continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the reserved asparagus tips, cook 1-1/2 minutes longer, then add the scallions. Cook for an additional minute, then add the mixture to the noodles along with the cilantro and sesame seeds. Combine well and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?Did you add your own special touch? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a rating to share your thoughts with others.
Leave a Reply