Roasted salmon is one of our favorite choices for an easy weeknight meal. It’s not only healthy, it’s versatile and pairs well with a variety of ingredients, both savory and sweet. This recipe makes the most of that versatility by pairing it with a fresh orange and tomato salsa that’s as simple to make as it is delicious.Print
Roasted Salmon with Fresh Orange Salsa
This recipe pairs a quick-to-fix orange and tomato salsa with oven roasted salmon fillets to make a simple, healthy meal that’s loaded with bright, fresh flavor.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- 4 center-cut salmon fillets, skin removed (5 to 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 navel orange, peeled, segmented and cut into small pieces (1/4 to 1/2 inch)
- 3 plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine the orange, tomatoes, jalapeño, scallions and cilantro in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, then drain well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the salmon is cooked to your liking, 8 to 12 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Plate individual servings of salmon, top with salsa and pass the remainder at the table.