We admit, this is not really a recipe, but prosciutto-wrapped melon chunks are easy to make, really pretty and everyone loves them, so we thought they were an appetizer worth documenting. For presentation, we like to top each piece with a seedless grape and skewer them with a pick.
- 1/4 lb prosciutto very thinly sliced
- 36 1-inch melon cubes (honeydew, cantaloupe or a combination)
- 36 seedless grapes
- Freshly ground black pepper optional
- Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into 3 strips, then wrap each strip tightly around a piece of melon.
- Top with a grape, skewer with a pick and arrange on a serving platter. If desired, grind a little black pepper over each piece just before serving.