Easy Cranberry and Pecan Cheese Ball
This easy appetizer cheese ball is made with cream cheese, goat cheese, dried cranberries, fresh orange zest and a coating of toasted pecans.
This quick-to-fix cranberry cheese ball has the perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors, is easy to prepare in advance, and makes a big hit with guests every time we serve it.
The combination of chèvre (goat cheese) and orange zest lend it a sophisticated blend of flavors that pair well with a variety of beverages.
Try serving with a glass of Prosecco, sparkling rosé, or Sauvignon Blanc, or for beer fans, try a Belgian or Saison ale.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese (chèvre), softened
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Place the cream cheese, goat cheese, cranberries and orange zest in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and gather the wrap together to form a ball about 4 inches in diameter. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then unwrap and roll in the toasted pecans.
- The cheese ball can either be served at this point or re-wrapped and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve with crackers or thin slices of toasted baguette.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 103mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g