This quick-to-fix cranberry cheese ball has the perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors, is easy to prepare in advance, and makes a big hit with guests every time we serve it.
The combination of chèvre (goat cheese) and orange zest lend it a sophisticated blend of flavors that pair well with a variety of beverages.
Try serving with a glass of Prosecco, sparkling rosé, or Sauvignon Blanc, or for beer fans, try a Belgian or Saison ale.
Easy Cranberry-Pecan Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese, chèvre, softened
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Place the cream cheese, goat cheese, cranberries and orange zest in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and gather the wrap together to form a ball about 4 inches in diameter. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then unwrap and roll in the toasted pecans.
- The cheese ball can either be served at this point or re-wrapped and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve with crackers or thin slices of toasted baguette.