Spiced Orange Champagne Cocktail
This holiday-inspired champagne cocktail is spiked with tequila reposado and flavored with homemade spiced orange simple syrup and bitters.
Champagne and sparkling wine cocktails are always a good choice for entertaining because they’re easy to make, festive looking and pair well with a wide variety of foods.
Made with aged tequila, spiced orange simple syrup, and bitters, the warm citrus and spice flavors in this champagne cocktail are perfectly suited for Christmas and New Year’s celebrations.
Ingredients and tasting notes
- Orange-spiced simple syrup: The flavor foundation of this bubbly creation is an easy-to-make flavored simple syrup infused with fresh orange zest, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
- Tequila reposado: With its aromas of vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, and spice, the tequila reposado complements the warming flavors of the syrup and mellows the crisp, dry qualities of the champagne.
- Brut champagne: Any dry sparkling wine will work well for this cocktail. And, since you’re mixing it with other ingredients, you don’t need to spend as much as you would if you were planning to serve it on its own.
- Aromatic bitters: Bitters are an essential bar ingredient. They add aroma and complexity to cocktails, intensify the flavors of the other ingredients, and mellow the acidity of other spirits.
More sparkling wine cocktails
- 1 ounce tequila reposado
- 3/4 ounce spiced orange simple syrup
- Brut champagne or sparkling wine
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Orange twist
- Pour the tequila and spiced orange simple syrup into a champagne flute and stir gently.
- Top with champagne or sparkling wine and add the bitters.
- Garnish with an orange twist and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.