This is a quick weeknight pasta dish that couldn't be any easier to prepare. Fully-cooked smoked sausage, green peppers, tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream combine with your favorite cut of pasta for a simple but satisfying one-dish main course. A green salad on the side rounds out the meal.Print
Creamy Pasta with Smoked Sausage and Peppers
Smoked sausage, green pepper, diced tomatoes and a touch of sour cream combine with your favorite cut of pasta to make a quick one-dish dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 10 ounces pasta (rotini, penne, rigatoni)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces smoked sausage (fully cooked), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the sausage. Sauté until the sausage is lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and continue cooking until the onion is softened, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add the garlic and green pepper and combine well.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the green pepper is crisp tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the sour cream and combine well. Reduce the heat to low to keep warm while you cook and drain the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the pasta to the sausage mixture and combine well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Serve immediately.