This old-fashioned recipe turns out a deliciously moist quick bread, with a robust cinnamon flavor and buttery texture. Serve warmed for breakfast, spread with butter and/or cream cheese.Print
Cinnamon-Walnut Quick Bread
A flavorful combination of cinnamon, chopped walnuts and butter is swirled through the batter of this moist, delicious quick bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Category: Baking
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2–1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 11 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a standard-size loaf pan (9¼” x 5¼” x 2¾”).
- Combine the melted butter, walnuts, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Place the apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup and fill with the milk to the 1-cup mark (equivalent to 11 tablespoons).
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the vinegar-milk mixture. Gradually add the melted shortening, then add the entire mixture to the dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Give the walnut-cinnamon mixture a stir, then fold it into the batter, swirling it through, but not combining completely.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a rack.