Cinnamon Walnut Quick Bread
This Cinnamon Walnut Quick Bread has a buttery texture and robust cinnamon flavor reminiscent of cinnamon rolls, but with none of the work.
Served warm spread with butter our Cinnamon Walnut Quick bread makes a delicious treat for a weekend breakfast or mid-morning snack.
This is an old-fashioned recipe for quick bread that uses a combination of apple cider vinegar and milk to give it a slightly tangy flavor that's similar to baked goods made with buttermilk.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a standard-size loaf pan (9¼" x 5¼" x 2¾").
- Combine the melted butter, walnuts, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Place the apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup and fill with the milk to the 1-cup mark (equivalent to 11 tablespoons).
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the vinegar-milk mixture. Gradually add the melted shortening, then add the entire mixture to the dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Give the walnut-cinnamon mixture a stir, then fold it into the batter, swirling it through, but not combining completely.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 271mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 4g