Rich, creamy eggnog is a favorite holiday indulgence and adding some booze turns it into a truly decadent, grown-up treat.
This formula for spiked eggnog (we hesitate to call it a recipe) includes both dark rum (or bourbon) and cognac. The combination cuts the richness of the eggnog without adding an overwhelming alcohol flavor.
- 1 quart prepared eggnog
- 4 ounces dark rum or bourbon
- 3 ounces cognac
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Stir the eggnog, rum, and cognac together in a pitcher.
- Pour into six glasses and garnish with a pinch each of ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add a cinnamon stick if desired.