Perfect for casual entertaining, this easy, no-cook appetizer is a classic combination of crisp cucumber rounds topped with thin slices of smoked salmon and dollop of cream cheese flavored with lemon and fresh dill.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Bites
A simple, no-cook appetizer of crisp cucumber rounds topped with slices of smoked salmon and a mixture of cream cheese, lemon and fresh dill.
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest and dill in a small bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Trim the tapered ends from the cucumber, slice the remainder into rounds (1/8 to 3/16-inch thick) and arrange them on a serving tray.
- Cut the salmon into small strips (about 1 x 1.5-inch), fold them over loosely and place on the cucumber slices. Top each with a small dollop of cream cheese, sprinkle with more fresh dill and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you tried this recipe?Did you add your own special touch? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a rating to share your thoughts with others.
Leave a Reply