Perfect for casual entertaining, this easy, no-cook appetizer is a classic combination of crisp cucumber rounds topped with thin slices of smoked salmon and dollop of cream cheese flavored with lemon and fresh dill.Print
Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Bites
A simple, no-cook appetizer of crisp cucumber rounds topped with slices of smoked salmon and a mixture of cream cheese, lemon and fresh dill.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 36 to 42 pieces
- 1 English cucumber
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest and dill in a small bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Trim the tapered ends from the cucumber, slice the remainder into rounds (1/8 to 3/16-inch thick) and arrange them on a serving tray.
- Cut the salmon into small strips (about 1 x 1.5-inch), fold them over loosely and place on the cucumber slices. Top each with a small dollop of cream cheese, sprinkle with more fresh dill and refrigerate until ready to serve.