Our homemade pimento cheese recipe is a quick and easy Southern-style favorite made with diced pimentos, sharp cheddar, cream cheese and a touch of mayo.
You can whip it up in just a few minutes and use it as a spread for crackers or sandwiches, make some stuffed celery or put a healthy dollop on top of a juicy grilled burger for added flavor.
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pimentos, well drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise and hot sauce to a small mixing bowl and combine until creamy and well blended. Stir in the pimentos and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For best flavor, cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes. Leftover spread can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 72mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 2g