Our homemade pimento cheese recipe is a quick and easy Southern-style favorite made with diced pimentos, sharp cheddar, cream cheese and a touch of mayo. You can whip it up in just a few minutes and use it as a spread for crackers or sandwiches, make some stuffed celery or put a healthy dollop on top of a juicy grilled burger for added flavor.Print
Our pimento cheese recipe is a classic combination of cream cheese, sharp cheddar, pimentos and a bit of mayo that’s perfect to serve as a spread for crackers and sandwiches.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1-3/4 cups
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pimentos, well drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise and hot sauce to a small mixing bowl and combine until creamy and well blended. Stir in the pimentos and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For best flavor, cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes. Leftover spread can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.