This Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad is a light but satisfying dish that’s filled with bold, fresh flavors. Made with a simple combination of shallots, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, lemon juice, feta cheese and fresh basil, it’s quick and easy to prepare and works well as either a side dish or main course.Print
Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Artichokes and Feta
An easy, Mediterranean-style pasta dish made with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, shallots, feta cheese and fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 side dish or 2 main dish servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- 8 ounces bow-tie pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté, until fragrant and soft, 2 to 3 minutes (do not brown).
- Reduce the heat to low, add the lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta and add it to the artichoke mixture. Combine well and add a little of the reserved cooking water if you feel the mixture is too dry.
- Stir in the feta, basil and parsley, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.