Rich, creamy eggnog is a favorite holiday indulgence and these four easy recipes use a variety of spirits and both store-bought and homemade eggnog to make some deliciously decadent, grown-up treats.Print
Here is an easy recipe for homemade eggnog spiked with your choice of bourbon, brandy, cognac or for a Mexican twist, tequila reposado.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Drinks
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1–1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract (or more to taste)
- 1 cup (or more to taste) dark rum, bourbon, brandy, cognac or tequila reposado
- Separate the eggs into two bowls. Beat the yolks until light and frothy. Beat the whites with the sugar until soft peaks form, then fold the mixture into the yolks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream with the vanilla extract until soft peaks form, then fold into the egg mixture. Gently stir in your spirit of choice.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend. Stir gently before pouring into serving glasses.
- Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon.
We recommend you use pasteurized eggs if at all possible. Most supermarkets carry them right alongside the regular eggs.
- Yield: 1 serving
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1/2 ounce amaretto
- 3 ounces prepared eggnog
- Freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
- Fill a mixing glass with ice. Add the vodka, amaretto and eggnog. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Bourbon-Spiked Eggnog Shake
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 quart prepared eggnog
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups Marker's Mark Bourbon
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg for dusting
- Combine all liquid ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour in glass and dust with nutmeg.
Recipe courtesy Maker's Mark Bourbon