Classic Bloody Mary
This Bloody Mary recipe is an easy to make, mixer-free version made with vodka, tomato juice, horseradish, hot sauce and Worcestershire.
The Bloody Mary is a classic cocktail that offers a lot of opportunity for signature variations. The drink can easily be customized by substituting your own favorite hot sauce or adding additional seasoning for depth of flavor.
For garnishing, the sky is the limit for customization and creativity.
More like this:
- Easy Entertaining: Host A Make-Ahead Brunch
- Essential Egg Recipes
- How the Bloody Mary Lost Its Mind (from Punch)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 or 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Tomato juice
- Celery stalk or other garnish (see below)
- Fill a mixing glass with ice. Add the vodka, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire, celery salt, pepper and lemon juice. Top off with tomato juice, then pour from one glass to another until mixed.
- Garnish with any or all of the following: celery stalk, cucumber spike, asparagus spear, skewered olives and/or pearl onions.