Made with a delicious combination of Tuscan-inspired ingredients including crumbled gorgonzola cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, parsley and a bit of balsamic vinegar, these burgers are loaded with flavor. Grilled and served on soft, whole wheat rolls with slices of tomato, fontina cheese and prosciutto they really are a meal-in-a-bun.Print
Tuscan-Style Burgers with Prosciutto
These delicious burgers are flavored with gorgonzola cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and served topped with melted fontina cheese, thin-sliced prosciutto and fresh tomato.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 round sandwich buns
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 slices fontina cheese
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to a medium-high temperature (about 400°F).
- Place the ground beef, garlic, gorgonzola cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, combine the ingredients gently and form into 4 equally sized patties. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Oil the grill grates, add the burgers and cook until you see juices start to accumulate on the top of the patties, approximately 4 minutes. Carefully flip the bugers and continue grilling for 2 minutes. Top each burger with a slice of fontina and grill until cooked to your liking, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place a slice of tomato on the bottom half of each roll. Season with a little salt and pepper, then add a burger and top with a slice of prosciutto. Serve immediately.