Filled with a crispy napa cabbage slaw and jumbo shrimp stir-fried with garlic and ginger, these Asian-style shrimp tacos make a flavorful, light dish that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
The shrimp in these tacos are stir-fried to tender perfection along with a generous amount of fresh garlic and ginger, then drizzled with lime juice and combined with scallions and cilantro.
Combined with a simple napa cabbage slaw and a topping of sweet and spicy sriracha mayo, these tacos are fresh-flavored and sure to become a family favorite.
In advance of testing and photographing our shrimp tacos, we ordered some restaurant-style taco holders. They’re relatively inexpensive and if you like to serve soft tacos, they’re really nice to have. Click here (affiliate link) to check them out on Amazon.
- 24 extra-jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 3 cups chopped napa cabbage, firmly packed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or more to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (small, 8-inch)
- Place the napa cabbage and shredded carrots in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon each of minced garlic and ginger.
- Drizzle with the rice vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper and combine well. Set aside until ready to assemble the tacos.
- Add the shrimp to a separate bowl and combine with the remaining garlic and ginger. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, season lightly with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the sriracha and remaining teaspoon of sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat and add the shrimp mixture. Stir fry until pink and opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Quickly deglaze the pan with the lime juice, add the cilantro and scallions, toss to combine and remove from the heat.
- To assemble the tacos, place about 1/3 cup of slaw in the center of each tortilla, top with 3 to 4 shrimp and drizzle each with about 2 teaspoons of sriracha mayo. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 25g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 1001mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 17g