This oven-roasted, one pan dinner is healthy, delicious and goes from grocery bag to table in just under 45 minutes. The menu features brown sugar-glazed salmon, spicy green beans and baby potatoes, each item added to the pan at just the right time to ensure everything is roasted to perfection.
Sheet Pan Salmon with Potatoes and Green Beans
- 2 center-cut salmon fillets, skin removed (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb baby or regular yellow potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the brown sugar on a plate and combine it with 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Coat both sides of the salmon fillets with the sugar mixture, pressing lightly to be sure it adheres. Set aside.
- Note: The brown sugar coating may turn a little syrupy while you’re waiting for the potatoes and green beans to cook. Just drizzle it over the salmon prior to popping it in the oven.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange them on one side of the prepared pan in a single layer and roast until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 16 to 18 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, add the green beans to the same mixing bowl, drizzle them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper (more if you like more heat). Toss to combine.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the green beans to the pan, being sure to leave room for your salmon fillets. Continue roasting until the beans are crisp-tender, 10 to 12 minutes, then add the salmon to the pan.
- Roast for an additional 8 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking (10 minutes maximum). Serve immediately.