Smoky Bacon Glazed Salmon
A sweet and smoky glaze made with brown sugar, ketchup, garlic and smoked paprika ramps up the flavor of quick-cooking salmon fillets to turn a simple weeknight meal into an easy family favorite.
- 4 center-cut salmon fillets, skin removed (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons bacon fat
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the bacon fat, garlic, ketchup, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of the smoked paprika, salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Taste and add more smoked paprika if desired.
- Divide the glaze evenly over the salmon fillets and roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the fillets. Return the salmon to the oven until it's cooked to medium doneness, 1 to 3 minutes longer. Serve immediately.