Salmon is one of our favorite choices when we’re looking for a healthy, no-fuss main course. Its firm, moist texture makes it a perfect candidate for high-heat oven roasting, and topped with this easy glaze made with orange marmalade and bourbon it makes a deliciously simple and quick weeknight meal.Print
Orange and Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Glazed with a combination of orange marmalade and bourbon whiskey, this easy, oven-roasted salmon makes a terrific weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup good quality orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or whiskey
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and coat it with nonstick spray.
- Arrange the salmon fillets, skin side down on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the orange marmalade, bourbon, brown sugar and cayenne in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened to the consistency of maple syrup, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the butter until melted and allow the mixture to cool.
- Divide the glaze evenly over each of the salmon fillets and roast until the glaze is lightly caramelized and the fish is cooked to medium doneness, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.