Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Toss this simple, uncooked sauce of fresh, ripe tomatoes, basil, parsley and fresh mozzarella with your favorite cut of pasta for an easy meatless dinner.
There's no better way to enjoy fresh garden tomatoes than in this easy-to-make pasta dish of linguine tossed with uncooked tomato sauce.
The sauce is made with juicy, ripe tomatoes that have been seeded, chopped and combined with fragrant basil, parsley, fresh mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Simple, yet intensely flavorful, this dish a great way to enjoy in-season, garden tomatoes at their finest.
- 10 ounces pasta (linguine, spaghetti, penne, etc.)
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes (about 1-3/4 lbs), seeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, balsamic vinegar and mozzarella. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the tomatoes to give off their juices, then add the basil, parsley and capers.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions and transfer to a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, toss, then add the tomato-herb mixture and combine thoroughly. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- To serve, plate individual portions and sprinkle with additional parsley and basil if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g