Loin lamb chops are a great choice for a fast weeknight dinner as they’re readily available in most supermarkets, perfectly portioned and easy to prepare. This super-simple recipe produces tender, juicy chops with barely any effort by giving them a quick sear on top of the stove, then finishing them in a hot oven to a perfect degree of doneness.
Pan-Seared Lamb Chops
- 4 to 6 loin lamb chops, 3 to 4 ounces each
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub the lamb chops with olive oil on both sides and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder if desired. Set aside for 10 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Film the bottom of an oven-proof frying pan with a small amount of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and sear for 1 minute on each side.
- Finish the chops in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 130 to 135°F for medium rare. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.