Fresh carrots sliced into rounds and glazed with a simple combination of orange marmalade, Dijon-style mustard and butter make a delicious, sweet and tangy side dish to serve with roasted poultry or pork.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- Peel and trim the carrots. Slice on the bias into 1/4-inch thick coins and place them in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle with the salt and add water until barely covered. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until the carrots are tender but still hold their shape, 8 to 12 minutes (do not overcook). Drain well and set aside.
- Add the butter and marmalade to the pan and cook over medium heat until liquified.
- Stir in the mustard and add the carrots back to the pan. Continue cooking, gently turning the carrots with a spatula, until they are well coated with the glaze.
- Transfer to a covered casserole and keep warm until ready to serve.