Oven-Roasted Chicken Thighs
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this foolproof recipe for boneless oven-roasted chicken thighs is easy, flavorful and pairs with all kinds of side dishes.
High heat roasting is our favorite way to cook boneless, skinless chicken thighs because it's quick, easy and virtually foolproof.
For this recipe, we've coated the thighs in a tasty mixture of balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic, but you can simplify and just brush them with a bit of olive oil and add salt, pepper and a couple of your favorite spices.
Tips for Perfect Oven-Roasted Boneless Chicken Thighs
Trim the excess fat:
To prepare boneless, skinless chicken thighs for roasting you should trim off any really large pieces of fat, but if you're planning to roast the thighs at a high temperature, don't go crazy. The fat that remains will help to keep them moist and should render down in the oven.
Keep the thighs in a uniform shape:
When shopping for boneless chicken thighs, you'll find that grocers almost always tuck the sides of the thighs under so they resemble their original, bone-in shape. Once you trim the thighs, you'll want to reshape them the same way. This not only makes for a nicer presentation at the table it also helps to ensure even cooking.
Keep an eye on smaller pieces:
If you have some thighs that are smaller than others, be sure to check them for doneness early and remove them from the oven ahead of the larger pieces so they don't dry out.
More Recipes for Oven-Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Easy Chicken Paprikas (Paprikash)
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Fennel and Orange
- Roasted Chicken Tostadas
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1-3/4 to 2 lbs - see notes)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, line a shallow baking pan with foil and coat liberally with nonstick spray.
- Place the balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic in a shallow bowl and whisk until completely blended.
- Add the thighs, one at a time and use tongs to turn them several times until they're nicely coated with the balsamic mixture. Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then spoon a little of the remaining balsamic-honey mixture over each piece.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a serving platter and spoon on some of the pan juices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 182mg Sodium: 317mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g