Lemon Pepper Chicken
Fresh lemon juice, zest, and black pepper add robust flavor to the tangy sauce that makes this fast and easy Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe a family favorite.
We use a tasty mix of freshly grated lemon zest, black pepper and salt instead of store-bought seasoning to give our quick-cooking Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe its robust flavor.
That simple blend, along with freshly squeezed lemon juice and chicken broth create a tangy sauce that's just perfect for spooning over the fork-tender chicken as well as your favorite side dish.
Steamed white rice is classic choice to serve with this dish, but mashed potatoes, quinoa and egg noodles are all tasty alternatives. Just about any green veggie will work too, but our hands-down favorite is snap peas sautéed in butter. Give it a try!
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (about 12 pieces)
- 1/2 cup flour
- Kosher salt
- Zest of 2 lemons (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 to 5 scallions, chopped
- Trim the white tendons from the ends of the chicken tenderloins. Combine the flour and 1 teaspoon of salt in a zip-top plastic bag, add the tenderloins, shake until coated and set aside.
- Make the lemon pepper seasoning by thoroughly combining 1/2 teaspoon of salt with the lemon zest, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Shake the excess flour from each tenderloin as you add them to the pan in a single layer. Sauté until golden, 1-1/2 minutes per side.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the lemon juice and chicken broth to the pan and sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning mix.
- Using tongs, turn the tenderloins in the sauce several times to coat.
- Simmer for a total 3 to 4 minutes to thicken the sauce, adding the scallions and turning the tenderloins after about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately, spooning some sauce over the chicken and passing the remainder at the table.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 557Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 70g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.