Our Italian sangria is a full-bodied, citrus-infused blend of Chianti, fresh oranges, limoncello, triple sec and Campari. Serve it with appetizers like fried calamari or bruschetta or a classic antipasto.
- 1 bottle medium-bodied Italian red wine, e.g. Chianti
- 1 large navel orange
- 4 ounces limoncello
- 2 ounces Campari
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 1 ounce simple syrup, or more to taste
- Angostura bitters
- Orange wedges for garnish
- Cut two slices from the middle of the middle of the orange and muddle them in the bottom of a large pitcher. Juice the remainder of the orange and add along with the wine, limoncello, Campari, triple sec and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Chill the sangria for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Pour over ice and add 2 dashes of bitters to each glass. Garnish with an orange wedge.