DIY Table Decor: How to Make a Wine Cork Pumpkin
All you need is some paint, hot glue, felt and a little twine to recycle some old wine corks into a cute wine cork pumpkin to decorate your table.
Wondering what to do with all those spare corks you have hanging around? Why not make a wine cork pumpkin to celebrate fall?
You only need about 30 minutes and a few supplies and the result is an adorable table decoration you can enjoy year after year.
- 25 recycled wine corks
- Orange acrylic paint
- Green felt
- Jute twine
- Hot glue gun
- Craft knife
- Dilute the paint with a bit of water and paint both ends of all but one cork. Set aside to dry.
- Arrange the corks in rows (4 on the bottom, then 5, then 6, then 5 and 4 on the top row) and hot glue them together. For best results, try to match up the corks so they're the same length in each row.
- Take the one remaining cork and cut off part of it with the craft knife. Hot glue it on top as the stem.
- Cut leaf shapes from the green felt and hot glue them on around the “stem.”
- Tie a short length of twine around the stem to resemble the vine.
Finished project measures approximately 5"H x 5"W x 1-3/4"D