Cheesy Oven Baked Burgers
Made with the cheese mixed right in, these oven-baked burgers are easy to prepare and make a great alternative to grilling when the weather turns cold.
Generally when we think about making burgers the first thing that comes to mind is the grill, but when the weather turns cold, grilling isn't always an option.
Pan-frying and broiling are indoor alternatives to grilling, but baking your burgers has a lot of advantages over both methods.
Oven-baked burgers are easy to cook to the proper doneness, they don't require turning, shrink less and all the fat drains out without splattering making for trouble-free cleanup.
This recipe is sort of an inside-out cheeseburger, incorporating the shredded cheese right into the ground beef.
The result is a moist, flavorful burger that tastes great with the addition of simple toppings like lettuce, tomato, and onion.
Find more burger recipes:
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 sandwich (hamburger) rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and position a rack on top. Coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Scatter the breadcrumbs and cheese on top and using your hands, blend the ingredients gently.
- Form the ground beef mixture into 4 evenly-sized patties approximately 1/2-inch thick and arrange them on the prepared rack.
- Bake the burgers until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, place the lettuce on the bottom of each roll, top with a burger, a slice of onion and a slice of tomato. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 543mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 35g