Cheesy Oven-Baked Burgers
Made with the cheese mixed right into the meat, oven-baked burgers make a great alternative to grilling when the weather turns cold.
This recipe is sort of an inside-out cheeseburger, incorporating the shredded cheese right into the ground beef.
The result is a moist, flavorful burger that tastes great with the addition of simple toppings like lettuce, tomato, and onion.
Generally when we think about making burgers the first thing that comes to mind is the grill, but when the weather turns cold, grilling isn’t always an option.
Oven-baked burgers are easy to cook to the proper doneness, they don’t require turning, shrink less and all the fat drains out without splattering making for trouble-free cleanup.
How to make oven-baked burgers
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, line a baking pan with foil, and position a rack on top.
- Add the seasonings, a tablespoon of bread crumbs, and the shredded cheese to your ground beef and mix.
- Form four half-inch thick patties and arrange them on the rack.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes depending on how you like your burgers done.
- Let rest for five minutes before putting them on the buns and adding toppings.
More easy burger recipes:
- Asiago Turkey Burgers
- Turkey Mushroom Burgers
- Mexican-Spiced Burgers
- Sheet Pan Burgers and Fries (from The Kitchn)
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 sandwich (hamburger) rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and position a rack on top. Coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Scatter the breadcrumbs and cheese on top and using your hands, blend the ingredients gently.
- Form the ground beef mixture into 4 evenly-sized patties approximately 1/2-inch thick (4-inch diameter) and arrange them on the prepared rack.
- Bake the burgers until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, place the lettuce on the bottom of each roll, top with a burger, a slice of onion and a slice of tomato. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.