These oven-baked burgers are a favorite of ours because they always turn out tender and juicy and are super-easy to make.
Generally when we think about making burgers the first thing that comes to mind is the grill, but when the weather turns cold, grilling isn’t always an option.
Pan-frying and broiling are indoor alternatives to grilling, but baking your burgers has a lot of advantages over both methods.
Oven-baked burgers are easy to cook to the proper doneness, they don’t require turning, shrink less and all the fat drains out without splattering making for trouble-free cleanup.
This recipe is sort of an inside-out cheeseburger, incorporating the shredded cheese right into the ground beef. The result is a moist, flavorful burger that tastes great with the addition of simple toppings like lettuce, tomato and onion.
Want more burger recipes? Click here.
Cheesy Oven Baked Burgers
Made with the cheese mixed right in, these oven-baked burgers are easy to prepare and make a great alternative to grilling when the weather turns cold.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb ground beef (we recommend grass-fed)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and position a rack on top. Coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce, salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Scatter the breadcrumbs and cheese on top and using your hands, blend the ingredients gently.
- Form the ground beef mixture into 4 evenly-sized patties approximately 1/2-inch thick and arrange them on the prepared rack.
- Bake the burgers until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, place the lettuce on the bottom of each roll, top with a burger, a slice of onion and a slice of tomato. Serve immediately.
Recipe Keywords: baked cheeseburger, baked hamburger