Asiago Turkey Burgers
These hearty and delicious turkey burgers are kept moist and flavorful by mixing finely chopped salami, Asiago cheese and balsamic vinegar into the meat prior to cooking.
Thanks to a special combo of ingredients that get mixed right into the meat, these turkey burgers are so moist and flavorful you can skip the condiments and top them with nothing but crisp lettuce and sliced ripe tomato.
Finely chopped salami (we used Genoa), grated Asiago cheese and balsamic vinegar mixed right into the meat add the flavor, while mayonnaise and panko combine to enhance and retain the turkey’s natural juices as the burgers cook.
- 1-1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons thin-sliced salami, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons panko
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thick (1/2-inch) slices fresh tomato
- Green leaf lettuce
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- Place the turkey, salami, asiago cheese, mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, panko, salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into 4 uniformly-sized burgers, about 5/8-inch thick and using your thumb, make a depression in the center of each.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Pan fry the burgers until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Allow the burgers to rest for 5 minutes before transferring to the rolls and topping with lettuce and tomato.
You can also opt to grill the burgers on a gas or charcoal grill that's been preheated to a medium-high temperature. Oil the grates and grill for 8 to 9 minutes total, turning once.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 983mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 45g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.