Blueberry Basil Mojito
Our Blueberry Basil Mojito is a refreshing twist on a traditional version of this classic summer cocktail.
Blueberries are a fabulous ingredient to use as a flavor base for mixed drinks, and they pair particularly well with fresh herbs like the basil and mint in this easy recipe.
They aren't the only fruit you could use to make this drink though. Strawberries, blackberries and honeydew melon would be equally tasty and refreshing.
If you're hosting a summer party think about offering a variety of fresh fruits and letting your guests choose their favorite.
- 8 large blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 3 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 mint leaves
- 1-1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1-1/2 ounces rum
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- Club soda
- Place the blueberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and top with the basil and mint leaves. Muddle gently.
- Add the lime juice, rum and simple syrup and shake vigorously.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass and top with club soda.
- Garnish with skewered blueberries and a sprig of basil.