This salad couldn’t be any simpler to put together and the vibrant colors make a beautiful addition to any table. We prefer using grape tomatoes for their delicate skins and sweet flavor, but cherry tomatoes work too ~ it’s a matter of preference.Print
Tomato, Orange and Cucumber Salad
A fresh salad of grape tomatoes, cucumber, and navel orange is not only full of flavor and nutrition, it’s a colorful addition to any dinner table.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings 1x
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 navel orange, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, orange, cucumber, red onion and cilantro. In a separate dish, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Pour over the tomato mixture, season with salt and pepper, then toss. Allow to stand a few minutes, toss again, taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. The tomatoes may give off some liquid as they sit, so either drain before serving or serve with a slotted spoon.
For a variation, try using fresh mango in place of the orange.